Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Happy New Year to me

Well, my year has gotten off to a rough start. A proverbial kick in the financial pants if you will.

In the span of about 2 weeks, the following happened:
  • Strata announced we needed a new roof. If we don't use contingency fund (which I don't think we should), this could amount to about $4000 each. We are meeting tonight to decide.
  • Revenue Canada just figured out that they paid me $500 too much in last years' tax return. I wish I could just debit that from this year's return, but I know that is hard on the books.
  • My car is acting up and there is no way I can afford a new one (or my mother's 2002 Camry). The repair bill should be in tonight.
  • I had to have a tooth pulled (At ~ $350, that was more mentally than financially traumatic)

Much of my financial future will shake out tonight, so all should look clearer then. If I start posting stuff for sale, you know I had to cough up $4000 for the roof.

If you've been following along, you know that it didn't stop me from buying an mp3 player which, at $50, has been awesome given how often I've had to take the bus.

By the way, smelly people shouldn't be allowed to ride the bus.

No comments: