Saturday, September 1, 2007

Day 16: Procrastination and Cats

I had grand intentions of sanding today, but I am not looking forward to it, so am slowly inching my way through the prep.

I'm a bit worried about the "bulge" on the diningroom wall. The previous owners didn't do a great job and I'm afraid my concealing efforts will not be enough to mask the ever growing bulge. My options: break open the bulge and fill with mud or new drywall on that entire wall. Either way, my kitchen can proceed.

So far, I've gone to three separate cabinet places...all of which were closed. I would have expected to see signs saying closed for entire weekend but no such luck. I was a bit annoyed as I made my way home and decided to take a nap. Once home though, I started sealing up the kitchen for the sanding.

I bought an industrial size box of plastic sheeting and began covering up doorways, blocking off a section of the dining room, and covering pieces of furniture I would prefer not to dust should my first layer of sheeting not work for some strange reason...hmmm...Evin....





As you can imagine, Evin was enthralled. He's pierced a few holes in some of the plastic (hence dual coverage), and got completely entangled in a wad of plastic I was about to mount from the ceiling.



I still feel that nap coming on, but I still need to cover all the appliances. Sigh...what a lot of work.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

geeze, this sounds complicated! I have an electric sander if you want to borrow it... resist the urge to seal evin up inside the drywall!