Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 38: I Have Smooth AND Painted Walls!

Yippee…my kitchen walls are finally smooth AND painted. I completed my touchups and applied the drywall sealer to all the walls, the bulkhead and the ceiling. It was tinted the colour of my bathroom walls, so it gave me an idea how the finished product would look. The angle I put in the bulkhead was a beautiful work of art! And the ceiling came out so nicely. Once a uniform colour, I was able to see a few spots that needed more mud. These were few and far between, so I’ve been carefully applying mud so I don’t have to re-sand.

While the appliances were still in awkward places like the middle of my front hall and kitchen, I went to pick up a quart of green paint (Restoration Hardware’s “Willow”, discontinued) that I thought would add more colour to the room. It was enough to put one coat on nearly all the walls. I’ve put the appliances back and am living with the colour. It is a pistachio green that I am not sure I love but it does go well with red…the colour I plan to use as an accent colour.


I am also living with some of my stuff back in the kitchen. I put up a temporary shelf and have food and dishes lining the countertop. It isn’t a finished kitchen, but it is clean, colourful, and way more functional than it has been the last few weeks. It is a good thing I can appreciate the small accomplishments because the finished product is months away.

Now that my walls are so smooth and colourful, I am reluctant to cover them up with the bead board paneling I have in mind! The room definitely needs trim around the doors, and I really do think the paneling will look great. Fortunately, I can’t do anything about the bead board until after the cabinets are in so I don’t have to decide now.

No comments: