Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 31: More Drywall...is that possible?

To accommodate the angled corner cabinet (upper), I wanted to angle the drywall bulkhead that runs the length of my upper cabinets and sticks out about 3 inches past the front of the cupboards. After lots of math and graph paper, I figured out the angles. It didn’t take long to attach the framing to the bulkhead and before long it was covered in drywall and mudded. I used paper tape for the edges though the plastic self adhesive mesh tape is easier to work with.



My new plan is to have the kitchen painted by Sept 28th which is when the cabinet guy comes to measure. That is no less realistic than any other plan I’ve had so far, but it is a target that isn’t carved in stone. Technically I can wait until late November to finish the walls, but I am tired of the dust so want to finish up sooner rather than later. I am pretty hopeful I will have the angle mudded by next weekend so I can spend Saturday morning sanding. Cross your fingers there are no bubbles in the drywall mud. Grr.

No comments: