Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 106: 14 More Sleeps

The countdown is on! I have 3 more sleeps before the cabinets are delivered and 11 more sleeps after that before the installers come!

The last few tasks to do before installation:
- Seal the tile and grout -- Check
- Touch up the walls with paint
- Paint the trim

At any point I could be fixing the grout in the bathoom but I think I'll wait until I'm not using the bathroom to wash dishes or prepare food.

In other news, I won a 2GB iPod Nano at the IIBA dinner I attended last night! It is a second generation iPod which means it has a smaller display screen than the new G3 models, but I prefer the look of the G2's.

I decided to splurge on a speaker/docking system as I currently don't have a stereo or anything better than a set of computer speakers. So, I went shopping after work. I saw an Altec Lansing docking station for $149 at Future Shop and a Sony micro stereo on sale for $149 at London Drugs. I wanted one with a usb port so I could still play my Sony mp3 player and charge it at the same time. The Sony micro stereo fit the bill and it had a cd player so I can play regular CD's if I want. I didn't come to the decision on my own though -- Mikey helped me.

Now, if only I can get the iPod to stop saying "Do not disconnect." when I plug it in to the computer. Surely 9 hours was enough to charge it.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

congrats! I don't think mine has never NOT said "Do not disconnect".. I've never worried about and haven't had issues..

Heather MacLeod said...

Turns out I need to eject it. I forgot about that Mac-ism. The message should say "Eject before disconnecting" for us PC folk.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61685