Monday, December 3, 2007

Day 109: A Little Anti-Climactic

Well, the cupboards have left the warehouse...and are stacked up in a huge pile in my living room. They look really nice and the hardware I selected is going to look awesome.



(no, I didn't plan on getting Evin in the shot, but by the time the camera took the picture, there he was.)

Knowing the cupboards are just going to sit there for nearly 2 weeks is a little anti-climactic. Plus, the delivery guys scratched the tops/sides all up. I'm hoping the scratched sides are the ones facing the wall or ceiling and not the underside of the upper cabinets. They even scratched the side of a door which I've photographed and will send in to Harbour City Kitchens tomorrow. Finally, there is a chip in the countertop, but it is the back corner that will be covered by the backsplash.

I started painting the baseboard trim last night. I used the ceiling paint by accident, so although it is the right colour, it isn't the right sheen. It looks great and I'll get going on a second coat one of these nights.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

It's looking fantastic Heather!! Keep up the good work. I'm sure your cupboards will make it the masterpiece you've been working for!