Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day 77: Oh my aching back

A day off schedule but the orange waterproofing membrane has been laid in the kitchen and front hall closet. Mixing the mortar was probably my least favourite part, but I decided to do away with the wooden spon and just mix it with my gloved hands. I will look into buying an attachment for my drill so I don't have to do that again.

The entire job was really quite unenjoyable but I sure am glad I cut the pieces to size before hand. It would have gone better if I locked the cats away before starting. That way I wouldn't have had to deal with Evin walking through the mortar I was spreading out. I grabbed him and chased Cleo up into my bedroom and shut the door. An hour and a half later I have a larger bare spot in the carpet near my door!

Well, I need to head out to Survivor. Besides, I am not really in the mood to write.

Here are some pics. The latter of the sacrificial bucket.

No comments: