Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 87: My Slate is Sealed

At long last my floor is sealed. I got to it pretty late today because I was procrastinating. Once at it, the task wasn't that bad. The rich colours really come through with the colour enhancer/sealer so it was instant gratification. I'll know tomorrow morning if I need a second coat, and if so, whether I can apply that other product on top of the sealed tiles and grout.

Here is the view coming down the stairs:



Compare that with the unsealed picture from the last post.

The floor looks really good, but there are a few imperfections in my installation that are nagging at me. I'm a perfectionist, but at the same time, I just wanted to get the tiles laid. I'm thinking the extreme back pain had something to do with that. So, I'll just have to live with the few tiles that sit higher/lower than others, and the too big or too small gaps between some tiles. I'm hoping they all blend away when the grout is in.

One of the remaining tasks while I am waiting for the cupboards to arrive is to install baseboard trim. That will make a huge difference in finishing off the floor. I am really pleased with how the walls turned out, so I am actually not that keen on installing the panelling I originally had in mind. I guess I should decide pretty soon. Maybe a glance at my bank account will help me decide.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

hmmm, when comparing the pics, the first thing I noticed was that sealing got rid of Evin!