Saturday, June 9, 2007

What a pill

Taking pills is one of my least favourite things to do. Fortuantely, I don't have to do so very often. I think I'd rather chew on a yucky tasting pill than swallow them. It goes back to the time when I didn't use enough water when taking a pill -- it got stuck in my throat which went unnoticed for the first hour until it started eating a hole through my throat.

As I get older and it is no longer the best option to eat a bunch of fruit (vitamin C) and hang out in the sun so it can convert the vitamin C to the much needed vitamin D, I figure I should take some vitamins. You can get a multi-vitamin which is very efficient except for the fact that one tablet is the size of a small child. Forcing one of those things down my throat is an excellent way to get more water in me but I wish they made chewable multi-vitamins for adults.

Enter kids chewable multi-vitamins. Sure, a child multi-vitamin is not the right dose, but I figure it is better than nothing. And since I got a super jumbo bottle at COSTCO, I can afford to eat 2 or 3 so it is more like an adult dose!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Haha, I've actually had a doctor tell me it's perfectly fine to take kid's vitamins. Better than no vitamins at all!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! You can actually BUY adult chewable multis! Vita-Vim. They're berry flavoured and I buy them all the time. You can get them at Thrifty's, Walmart, probably other places too. Like you, I can't swallow pills. :)