Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Driving 101, Vatican style

I was watching the news this evening when a story came on about the 10 Commandments of driving. According to Pope Benedict XVI and his compatriots at the Vatican, drivers need to exhibit a few more Christian virtues while on our roadways.

Religion seems to be on the rise, so this may be a good angle. I don't see ICBC jumping on this bandwagon, and I don't know that it will help me as I am not that religious.

Many things sprang to mind upon hearing the story, and many more as I began writing this blog. But, I am not really interested in starting a religious debate nor do I want to offend anyone. So, I'll share one of the more lighthearted thoughts, however ireverent it may sound. Now remember, you can't get mad. I, Heather, admit to snickering at the thought of accident rates going up because drivers began letting go of the wheel to perform the sign of the cross before entering an intersection, or they got distracted by reciting their Hail Mary's.

That said, I'll put my judgements aside, drive a little more courteously, and be thankful the Catholic church has had the time to prepare these commandments for the world.

No comments: