Tuesday, June 26, 2007

No News on the Emma Front

It seems like Emma is not coming home. It is strange that no one has found her or her collar and given us a call.

As Jaime put it, she has used up many of her lives, so I am guessing she ran out this time.

On the bright side, now she doesn't have to suffer through old age, and we don't have to make the tough decision to euthanize her. I've done that twice, and as much as I believe in putting animals out of their misery early on, that doesn't make it any easier.

Evin has now started asking if he can go on sleepovers to Gwanny and Gwampas. I say "no" because he is sure to be hit by a car within minutes of getting there. Besides, I need someone to wake me up at 5:00 am (and 15-minute intervals thereafter) . Heaven forbid I sleep right through to the alarm!

Oh, and Sam doesn't need a super cute, fuzzy, young, and goofy orange cat around the house making him look even older and more crotchety than he already does.

No comments: