Saturday, June 9, 2007

Bird TV

In an effort to enhance the indoor life of my cats, I decided to get a window mounted hummingbird feeder. I had seen a hummingbird at a neighbors feeder so knew they were in the area.

I got a great little feeder at Canadian Tire and had it up in moments. Within about 24 hours, a hummingbird had spotted the feeder.



For whatever reason, he is afraid to use the feeder. He clicks noisily and hovers near the feeder which alerts the cats that something is going on so they race to the patio door and start chattering away. When the screen is open, the bird can hear them so I think this makes him more afraid. A week has gone by and the nectar looks untouched. Maybe it is too late now that the flowers are out.

I decided to add a seed feeder to the mix and picked up a window mounted feeder. Again, from Canadian Tire for less than $15.



I haven't seen any birds at this feeder, but there are seed shells starting to collect on my balcony floor.

I expect this feeder will get more action in the fall and winter when food is more scarce.

No comments: