Monday, May 21, 2007

A solid 8 hours

Wow, I slept for 8 hours solid the other night. It was my first night in Van and I was in the tiny twin bed at my Grandma's house. I can't remember the last time I slept for 8 hours straight. Ever.

It might have something to do with the lack of cats at 6:30 in the morning, but I really think it had to do with the foam mattress topper she has on her guest bed -- I barely tossed and turned...even on the nights when I didn't sleep for 8 hours straight.

So, upon returning to Victoria, I went to buy a memory foam mattress topper for my bed at home. I didn't get the fancy $140 version from Linens N Things, or the Temper Pedic version. Rather, I got the $80 version which smells pretty funny.

Last night was my first night trying it out, but I was so overtired from two 2:00 pm - 11:30 pm shifts with my nephew Kaleb, that I still managed to toss and turn. Given I have to start a new job tomorrow, I am not sure tonight will be a good test either -- I would probably toss and turn regardless what I was sleeping on.

I already love sleeping (never phone me before noon on weekends), so I am a bit afraid to see what might happen.

No comments: