Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Silly Cats

I've packed away my duvet and in its place is a lovely new quilt. It has proven to be a bit premature, but the warm weather will be here soon enough.

It must be laced with catnip because Cleo has gone absolutely nuts the last two nights. As I settle into bed, Cleo has taken to lunging at my feet and trying to bite or claw them to death. Any sudden or repetitive movement (like foot twitching which is pretty common) and out come 10 shards of glass and countless piercing daggers . These antics are very unusual for her and risky for me -- the quilt is quite thin so teeth/claws are no match.

Last night, Evin climbed under the covers and Cleo, who hates closed spaces, went in after him. I feared for my life. OK, not for my life, but definitely for my legs. There is no telling the carnage they could do to my legs!

I survived, but it didn't stop them from running around like village idiots for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

If only my cat was that active. He could care less if I move or not. But look out if I turn on the blow dryer! Little bugger moves a hundred miles an hour then!

:) Jaime