Tuesday, April 10, 2007

From the Mouths of Babes

My nephew Kaleb is pretty funnny. He picks up things all over the place. And his recall for momentary happenings is amazing. He remembered there was a horse buried at the petting zoo and that the pig would have babies in the summer. These were but 2 of many 'facts' he picked up that day at the park.

The other day his mom was helping him clean up after a wee accident. During the clean up, he asked his mom "when will this nightmare end?".

After recovering from a bout of laughter, his mom asked him where he learned that. To her surprise, he didn't learn it from me. Rather, he learned it from an equally cool source -- Scooby Doo. I still laugh when I think of that story. I don't know what I would have done had I been there myself.

I have taught him sayings such as "slobber chops", "fall down go boom", "goofball", and the latest addition to his vocabulary -- "shishkabob". I'm saving "smell you later" for later.

No comments: