Thursday, December 13, 2007

Day 119: Giddy

I was giddy all day today and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that the cupboards are going in tomorrow...at long last! (insert happy humming)

I know I promised to post a pic of my closet doors...but I hit a bit of a snag. The replacement pieces I had to buy weren't quite the same as the ones that came with the door. Remember, I needed two sets of the mounting hardware since I wanted to install each door separately?

I can honestly say that Home Depot is a much better place than Rona to get bifold door hardware. I ended up buying all new mounting hardware (the pieces the pins go into) because HD had a style that had a screw to keep the pin in place. They also had a pin for the bottom which was threaded so the door height can be adjusted slightly. The trick is getting the current pins out. The plastic bushing has burrs on it so it goes in and stays in. I have a trick that works, but it is too tough to explain. I picked up the last of the bifold door hardware tonight so will install tomorrow while I am at home...in the event that I can't help install the cupboards!

When it comes to hinges, the Cook St Do-it Centre is a better place than Rona (sorry Rona). I just wanted brushed steel hinges and Rona wanted $9.00 for a single hinge. Cook St had them for $4.00...for a pair! They aren't as good quality, but it is for a door that no one will ever see.

While at HD, I bought a drill. I had to replace the one that was covered in mortar from using it to mix the mortar. It actually still worked and I needed a drill this past week, so the excitement to work on my bifold doors helped me overcome the fact that it was covered in mortar. But, I had taken off the chuck key to keep it after tossing the drill but I've misplaced it and obviously never did get around to tossing the drill. I've even purchased two keys but neither work. Enter the new drill...the new keyless chuck drill! It is corded and has variable speed too! That is a feature I didn't want to be without and I can't stand cordless tools because I would never drain the battery properly and would wreck the battery...but not before they discontinued that style of battery. I also think you need a lot of torque on a drill and you can't get that with a battery pack that is nearly drained.

Well, I go sleep now...if I am able to sleep that is!

1 comment:

Rowena Hart said...

So, like, you're seriously teasing me with the knowledge that your cupboards went in. Whassup? Where's a blog post with pics??